Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Decorations



I love the Christmas Season and decorating for my family is one of my favorite things to do.  Our tree was inspired by the Pottery Barn Catalog.  We got the catalog in October, ridiculous, and I thought, "this is what I want our tree to look like this year, but I can make it my way". 

 I used burlap that I had purchased and cut it into 5 inch strips.  Then wrapped it around the tree. It actually doesn't go all the way around but I don't think you can tell.  Then I used the leftover strip to make a bow for the top.  I really like how it turned out.






I was going to stop there but I had some extra burlap.....  So I decided I wanted to make a banner and a table runner.  I went on Etsy and saw some ideas for different banners.  I decided to do a hybrid of two different ones.  Here was my inspiration
I cut out the burlap using a pattern made from cardboard.  Then I made the stencils for the letters of "Be Merry".   I used Martha Stewart fabric paint for the letters and polka dots and then used spray tacky glue to stick it on the ribbon.     I kind of like how mine turned out better! 

What do you think?? What do your Christmas decorations look like??


                                                            XO,
                                                            GG 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin

past posts

- See more at: http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html#sthash.fy6BwhBk.dpuf