Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Festivities

So now that Christmas is over I wanted to share a few items that I made for my family.  I hosted my and my husbands family and since this was our second year doing this I felt like I had to outdo myself and make it different than last year. 

Over the course of 5 days we made quite a few meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.  However Christmas day was truly an extravaganza!

Our breakfast was a cinnamon crumb cake, Paula Deen's french toast casserole, yum, fruit salad with vanilla pudding, fresh bagels and pomegranate mimosas.  
I made quite a few appetizers in between breakfast and dinner to keep everyone from getting too hungry.  I made a baked spinach, artichoke and feta dip with pita chips, roasted tomatoes with fresh basil, mozzarella, basically caprese on a stick.  I also made a roasted cranberry crostini which was to die for. I forgot to take a picture of my Cheese Ball. It was awesome and I made it twice during the holiday season.  
For dinner my brother-in-law helped me set the table.  He is beyond talented.  We used floating candles with fresh pine, cranberries and cinnamon sticks.  I used a plaid tablecloth and a burlap runner.  ( If you read my last post you would see I used burlap with everything :)) We used our Kate Spade China plates, 2 different patterns, and then 2 different napkins.  We folded the napkins with bakers twine, candy canes and cinnamon sticks.  
For the dishes, I forgot to take a picture of the delicious honey baked ham. We also made roasted brussel sprouts, crushed walnuts, blue cheese and olive oil.  Then a quinoa salad with pomegranate, fresh mint, cucumber, and feta.  Then the classic mashed potatoes. 
Lastly for dessert, again, forgot to take a picture, Ooops.   I made amazing peppermint brownies, peanut butter cookies and a no bake cheesecake.  

That's all I've got for Christmas. Did you make anything wonderful for your holiday?  I hope everyone had an amazing holiday and all the best for a happy, healthy, new year!

XO,
GG 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin

past posts

- See more at: http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html#sthash.fy6BwhBk.dpuf