Monday, August 19, 2013

Delving into some DIY

So the end of summer is fast approaching and I don't know about you but I had a to-do list a mile long at the beginning of summer and I realllly didn't get as much done as I wanted! This project had been on my list for awhile and I wanted to share it with you guys.  

So we inherited these rod iron outdoor seats which used to look wonderful.  However, after being outside for the last 3 years, they needed an overhaul.  

I was planning on removing the entire cushion, however the screws were rusted closed. Bummer! 


So, rather than giving up, I decided to work around them and rip off the old fabric and cover it with the new.  Easier said than done.  I ended up having to rip off the rusted staples holding the fabric down on the base of the chair.  This took awhile but it was the only way I could make it work.  

Once those were done, I cut the fabric to fit around the base of the chair.  I then proceeded to attempt to use the staple gun on the base of the chair.  Again, easier said than done. 








After several failed attempts with the staple gun, I got kind of frustrated and ended up having my husband do it! He's the muscles in the family! 


In the end I think they turned out really well.  I was thinking about changing the color of the chair by painting them as well but I decided I liked the way they looked without it!

\


Tonight we will be enjoying a glass of wine in our newly updated chairs! Have you done any DIY projects that you needed someone to rescue? 



XO,
Gilded Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin

past posts

- See more at: http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html#sthash.fy6BwhBk.dpuf