Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pretending I'm a California Girl: Part 2

Phase two of my California trip.  We had a lot of recommmendations of places to go and this second post is about the rest of the trip.  One of the areas we explored was called Abbot Kinney.  This is an area near Venice Beach filled with great art, stores and restaurants.  

One of the examples of art we saw there!
There was a really neat vintage and reclaimed artifacts store called Tumbleweed and Dandelion (how adorable is that name?!)  Everything in there is American made and really beautiful!   
We also ate at several restaurants including the famous Lemonade! I had a mint and cucumber lemonade, fantastic!  They also had a delicious sprinkle cake! 


To end the day we had a delicious meal at a restaurant called The Tasting Kitchen.  The food was delicious but I loved the decor more.  Amazing dishes and flatware as well a tree growing in the middle of the restaurant.  Yes, a tree!! It was as much of an experience as a meal. 

We did a lot of other things, and saw a lot of other places but these were some of my favorites so I wanted to share them.   I love unique restaurants and shops and this area had a ton of that! Has anyone else been to this area and really enjoyed it? I can't wait to go back to CA!

XO,
Gilded Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin

past posts

- See more at: http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html#sthash.fy6BwhBk.dpuf