Saturday, February 22, 2014

Chicago Restaurant Week

Earlier this month, we had Chicago restaurant week in the city that loves food.

I usually look forward to this week. It's a chance to go to my favorite restaurants and try some of their newest creations or try somewhere new! 

This year we did...

Ruth Chris: I love their filets cooked in butter. I know this is a chain and some people ( including my husband) might snub their noses but I really like it! Everything was delicious ( unfortunately I forgot to take pictures! )  Downside; tons of people, it was very crowded and it felt like our server was on autopilot. 

RPM: I had been here once and it was fantastic. I was looking forward to trying it again. We went with a big group and I was the only one that did the prix fix.  It worked out because we wound up ordering a lot of different things.  The lobster bruschetta was by far my favorite.   Their pasta is fantastic and if you ever in doubt, I would give that a try.  Downside; we had to wait for over 25 minutes for our table with a reservation and I also had a pork dish which had more fat than meat. 


Tortoise Club:  This was our first visit. I had only heard a few snippets about it and sometimes that is the best way to go into a new experience.   It was very cool location with traditional decor.  They had a live jazz band playing which really added to the experience.   We did one prix fix menu and then the rest of us ordered off the menu.  Our friends had sea bass and trout and they liked their dishes. We also had a salted carmel dessert, very good.   I had a shrimp polenta gumbo and that was excellent.  Very spicy but good. Downside; a little pricey for what you get.

Pictured: salted carmel, shrimp gumbo.

Overall a great experience and a great excuse to get out in this freezing weather and enjoy good food with friends.  

Did you try any new restaurants for Restaurant Week? 

XO,
GG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin

past posts

- See more at: http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html#sthash.fy6BwhBk.dpuf